In order to better serve our clients, we have instituted a Maintenance Request form for non-emergency type requests. Before completing a maintenance request, please read through the following section. Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the tenant failed to perform routine maintenance tasks, including but not limited to:
- Replacing smoke alarm and CO-2 detector batteries.
- Replacing light bulbs with the correct size and type.
- Replacing furnace filters and/or air conditioner filters, if applicable, every 3 months, and every month if there is smoking within the property.
- Keeping all sewer and drain lines clear.
- Steam cleaning/spot cleaning carpets while residing within the property.
- Normal insect and rodent control.
- Landscape clean-up if applicable.
- Removal of hoses from outside faucets during the winter or when outside temperature falls below freezing.
- Disposal of all garbage in the proper receptacles and using a weekly pick-up service.
- Disposal of toxic waste properly and in accordance with local and county laws.
- Checking breaker box
- Checking air-conditioning/heating settings on thermostat.
- All other items identified as the tenant’s responsibility, as outlined in your lease.
EMERGENCY issues are those which affect the immediate habitability of the residence, such as burst pipes, uncontrolled running water, lack of heat, sewer line blockage, or electrical “sparking.” These types of issues should be reported to our office immediately, at (724) 222-8525.
Completed Maintenance Request forms should be sent to our office either via US mail, fax, or email.
East Maiden Realty, LLC
87 East Maiden Street
Washington, PA 15301
Fax: (724) 222-8545